Typically, cassia cinnamon is a evergreen tree. Usually, we can see it in Southern China an South East Asian countries. The tree is about 20 – 30 meters high. This spice refers to the cassia cinnamon bark. It’s spicy, brown and has nice aroma. People use cassia for food, beverage, medicine and cosmetic.
The most important ingredient in cassia cinnamon is the volatile essential oil. The higher content of essential oil, the higher value of cassia cinnamon. It’s usually around 4.5 – 6.0%. People base on the essential oil in the cassia bark to categorize the spice. The bark collected from the root to 1.2 meter height of the trunk usually has low value. The bark from 1.2 meter and higher has higher value and contains more essential oil. Normally, Vietnamese cassia cinnamon is popular in the highland of the Northern of Vietnam such as Cao Bang, Yen Bai, Quang Ninh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An and Thai Nguyen provinces.
- Rolls with diameter from 1.5 – 5.0 cm and length from 25 t0 40 cm.
- Color: the outside bark is brown-gray, the inside is brown-red
- Aroma: has special aroma
- Taste: spicy and sweet
- Physical characteristics: crunchy and easy to break
- Length of cassia: as requested by the customers
- packed in 7kgs/carton
- Put in dry place and avoid high moisture
Contact us for more detail and get the brief quotation for this product.